English description: Similar to the Cip-Kup™, the Sip-Tip® makes drinking easier for individuals who have difficulty generating and maintaining suction. An individual can either suck from the straw themselves, or you can assist by "pumping" the fluid up the straw with the flexible lid. Simply cover the vent hole with your finger and press down several times until the liquid reaches the desired height. The Select-Flow Valve will keep the straw full of fluid, thereby reducing the air ingested and the effort required for each sip (notice the juice staying at the top of the straw in one of the images above). The valve also slows the flow of fluid, which allows for more control over the quantity of fluid taken with each sip and helps to ensure that fluid is deposited in the front of the mouth. Users tend to experience less coughing and choking and consume more fluids while drinking with the Sip-Tip®.
When purchased, the valve opening is set for moderate restriction for users who tend to aspirate when taking too much fluid in one swallow. The valve can also be trimmed to increase the flow, further decreasing the effort required to drink. Adjust the flow you need by cutting back the tapered stem of the valve with scissors. The lids snap on securely to the rigid, high-quality tumblers to minimize spillage, and the tumblers have graduated marks on the side to monitor fluid intake. The set includes: 1 eight oz. tumbler, 1 spill-resistant lid, 1 Select-Flow Valve, 10 regular straws, and 1 *free* Lip Blok® (yellow, 3/4"). The Lip Blok® prevents individuals from biting on the straw or putting the straw too far back into the mouth. This is helpful to prevent gagging on the straw, and it also means fluid is deposited in the front of the mouth where it is easier to orally manage.
- MADE in the USA
- FDA compliant, medical grade plastics contain no BPA, PVC, lead, phthalates, or latex
- All parts are dishwasher-safe and available separately.
- Holds 8 ounces of liquid.
- Measures approximately 4.5" tall with a 2" diameter at the base and 3" diameter at the top
- Not recommended for carbonated beverages
- Recommended for thin liquids (water, milk, juice without pulp, etc).
- If you're using thickened liquids, in general for most thickener brands: "nectar" consistency works fine. If you trim the tapered end of the valve to open up the flow, "honey" will work but will be harder to suck through the straw. "Pudding" does not work, as it's too thick to drink through even a regular straw without a valve.
- Compatible with most standard .25" diameter straws should you need more down the road. You can also get spares / replacements.
- Caution: Contains small parts. Must be supervised at all times.
- Extra informatie
Artikelnummer SC773 Diagnose Dementie Vaardigheid Zelfredzaamheid Merk ARK Therapeutic Levertijd Vóór 17.00 uur besteld, morgen in huis!